How to use an epilator: Step-by-step guide
An epilator is an electrical hair removal device that pulls unwanted hair out from the roots. The first time you use an epilator, it can be a little intimidating because tweezing the hair out this way stings a lot! Don’t worry; there are some simple ways to make the procedure as painless as possible, and after a few sessions, the skin will grow a tolerance to the sensation.
It’s the day after you shaved, and the first hairs are starting to grow back. Isn’t it annoying? This is particularly aggravating during the summer when you want to go to the beach or hang out with your girlfriends on the spur of the moment. This is where epilation comes in, allowing you to have smooth skin for weeks.
Epilating isn’t common with everybody because they believe it “hurts.” Epilating is actually less painful than you would expect, particularly if you know how to epilate properly and which epilator to use. Here you’ll find answers to the most frequently asked epilation questions: What exactly is epilation? How long does it take to epilate? Most importantly, how can you epilate properly?
What is epilating?
Epilation is a depilation technique that removes both the hair and the base of the hair. It’s no surprise that epilating is painful. It doesn’t have to be that way, though. Epilating is less painful than waxing or sugaring, which often extracts hairs from the base, if you know how to do it correctly.
How does an epilator, on the other hand, work? It’s simple: an electric epilator has spinning discs that grab the hair and pull it out. The right epilator will make the procedure go more quickly and painlessly. Make sure you pick an epilator that rotates quickly so you can finish your epilating in no time. It also prevents the skin from being pulled in a painful way.
Modern epilators have ingenious features that make epilating more convenient. For example, the Philips Satinelle Prestige Epilator has an integrated Skin Stretcher that automatically stretches your skin, making it even more convenient to use.But how long does it take to epilate? Epilate every two to three weeks, depending on how fast the hair grows back. The new hair that grows back is normally smoother and softer since the root of the hair is also removed.
Three stages for stunningly smooth skin
With Braun, you can have super smooth, supermodel-like skin for weeks at a time. If you’ve been epilating for years and want to brush up on the latest expert techniques or you’re an epilation newbie looking for some super-simple tricks that will have you epilating like a pro in no time, the art of epilating has advanced.
Set yourself up for noticeably cleaner, sexier skin in the privacy and convenience of your own bathroom. Here’s how to epilate with an epilator…beautiful skin is in this season.th
- Before you epilate
It’s all about the planning. As any beauty expert would tell you, looking effortlessly gorgeous takes a little forethought. So, before we teach you how to epilate, take a look at what you should do first:
- It’s all about the timing. The night before you wear your look-at-my-silky-legs LBD or date dress, meditate. This allows any frustration 24 hours to subside.
Evenings are the best time for an epilation rendez-vous. You’re more relaxed, any minor bumps will be gone by the morning and you’ll wake up with the sexiest, smoothest skin ever!
2. The golden term is exfoliation. To stop in-grown hairs, take a warm shower, relax, and exfoliate your skin. Using an exfoliating scrub or mitt, or a dry towel to buff the skin. Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa, on the other hand, has an advanced exfoliating brush that exfoliates 4 times better than a manual scrub.
- When you epilate
- Maintain your composure and composure. We all do a lot of unappealing stuff in the name of beauty, like plucking, tweezing, and buffing, but when it comes to epilation, Silk-épil manages to reduce the discomfort with features like the cooling glove and massaging rollers for an extra-gentle hair removal experience..
2. Have you tried it in the water? You can now! You can epilate in the shower or bath with the Braun Silk-épil 9 Wet & Dry epilators. Water relieves pain by releasing endorphins, the body’s own painkillers.
3. Keep your composure. Don’t overthink how you’ll hold the epilator; it should feel normal. Maintain a 90-degree angle between your thighs. You can also use your other hand to hold the skin taut so the robot can glide over it easily. Don’t press down too hard; instead, gently brush your skin with the epilator.
4. Slow equals seductive. From ankle to knee, it should take about 15 seconds. When you move too quickly, you risk breaking your hair, which can lead to ingrown hairs.
5. Take direction.Run the epilator in an upward motion against the direction that the hairs are growing. This lifts the shorter hairs giving you a smoother finish.
6. Wet or dry?Its up to you but if dry, make sure your skin is completely dry. If wet, apply a little shower gel.
3. After epilating
- Pamper yourself to perfection. The golden rule is to moisturise AFTER, not before, epilating. Apply a nourishing body lotion for the best skin smoothing results, and prepare to wake up with super-soft, silky skin the next morning.
- Treat again. If you’re a beginner, epilate once a week and you’ll note a decrease in pain and an improvement in satisfaction each time. If you’re an experienced epilater, reduce your frequency to once every three weeks.